Residential Coordinators assist a Senior Residential Supervisor with administrative and direct care duties at two homes. The Residential Coordinator is either a live-in or live-out position. Live-in Residential Coordinators live on site rent-free in a 2-3 bedroom live-in area of the home.
Requires 40-50 hours per week of direct care and administrative work.
Full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Traditional Medical package offered through PreferredOne (NICE Healthcare included at no cost*)
- Long-term disability and life insurance benefits
- Voluntary short-term disability and supplemental life insurance
- Pait time off (PTO)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Interact with residents
- Support resident health and well-being
- Assist RS in facilitation of interests and choices of residents and supervision of staff
- Manage household operations
- Carry out safety, meal preparation and cleaning procedures
- Seek and follow the advice and directions of supervisors
- Work effectively with supervisors and coworkers
- Uphold ACR's Core Values
- Participate in training and development
- Present a positive attitude and professionalism
- Adhere to scheduling policies
- Carry a cell phone, manage the house mail, voice mail and E-mail
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Accept other duties as assigned by a superior
- Report illegal activity
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a valid U.S. driver’s license, reliable transportation and a good driving record
- You must be able to do some lifting
- You must be able to work independently and you must have interpersonal skills including empathy, responsibility, self-control, good judgment, and overall adjustment
- You must be able to see, hear, speak, interact, and write in English sufficiently to perform the essential functions of the position
- Part-time employees must work at least 10 shifts per month
- Full-time employees must work at least 38 hours per week
This is intended as a summary; additional functions and requirements are stated in the full job description below
ACR Homes is an EEO/AA Employer
Residential Coordinator (RC) Description and Requirements
REPORTS TO: Residential Supervisor (RS)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provide for the health, safety and well-being of individuals with disabilities, support their interests and choices so that they may lead fulfilling lives and assist RS with key administrative tasks.
The following functions have been determined by the Company to be essential to the successful performance of this position.
1. Interact with Residents
Adhere to the Direct Care Professional (DCP) job description with regards to interacting with residents.
2. Support Resident Health and Well-Being
Follow the DCP job description in regards to supporting resident health and well-being.
3. Assist RS in Facilitation of Interests and Choices of Residents and Supervision of Staff
A. Perform administrative duties as specified in salary agreement and/or assigned by RS.
B. Support RS in ensuring the safety of residents and assist with emergency response as directed or needed, such as when unexpected staffing needs arise or when emergencies arise that require additional staffing.
C. Serve as a role model for staff in tone, morale, and professionalism in interactions with residents, other ACR employees, residents’ family members and friends, County Case Managers, day program personnel and medical personnel and others.
D. Demonstrate correct procedures in facilitating personal goals of residents through their program objectives.
E. Assist as requested in selection of staff and recruitment of staff.
F. Assist as directed with the initial training of new staff and with the documentation of their training within the timeframes specified in their job descriptions.
G. Help ensure that staff are fulfilling the functions and requirements of their positions as defined in their job descriptions.
H. Give staff positive feedback on job performance; direct any negative feedback or observations to the RS.
I. Be attentive and responsive to employee concerns and refer issues to RS as needed.
J. Participate in staff training and performance appraisals as directed by the RS.
K. Participate in monthly staff meetings.
L. Participate in supervisory meetings and supervisory training as requested.
M. Adhere to and relay Company policy and procedures, licensing requirements, and other company information in a positive, supportive and professional manner.
N. Support RS in representing clients and ACR in interactions with residents’ family members and friends, guardians, Case Managers, day program and medical personnel, neighbors, vendors and others.
O. Manage Client Trust funds if required in your house and as delegated by the RS.
P. Assist in ensuring that resident clothing is clean, up-to-date, in good condition; facilitate shopping trips and dry-cleaning as needed.
Q. Participate in the purchase of residents’ personal and program supplies as directed.
5. Carry out Safety, Meal Preparation and Cleaning Procedures
Follow the DCP job description regarding carrying out safety, meal preparation and cleaning procedures.
6. Seek and Follow the Advice and Directions of Supervisors
You must seek the advice of the RS when you have questions concerning your performance of the functions of your job. You must follow directions and assignments given by a superior concerning performance of functions of this position.
7. Work Effectively with Supervisors and Coworkers
Seek and follow the advice and directions of supervisors including your RS, Program Director (PD), the House RN or other superiors when you have questions concerning your performance of the functions of your job. Work as a team player with your supervisors and communicate effectively and professionally with them both verbally and in writing. Inform your RS of all concerns that are out of compliance with policy and procedure, issues related to possible harassment or discrimination, staff concerns that may require disciplinary action, employee work related injuries or other possible insurance claims, negative interactions with guardians, case managers, neighbors, school, or day program, Vulnerable Adult Reports or Incident Reports, significant changes in resident behavior or health, any threats to health and safety, essential appliance malfunctions or any other concerns about which your supervisor should be informed. You must work effectively with coworkers as directed in the DCP job description.
8. Participate in Training and Development
Follow the DCP Job Description directives for training and development.
9. Uphold Core Values
Follow the DCP Job Description directives for upholding core values.
10. Present a Positive Attitude and Professionalism
Follow the DCP Job Description for presenting positive attitude and professionalism.
11. Adhere to Scheduling Policies
Follow the DCP Job Description for adhering to scheduling policies.
12. Carry a Cell Phone, Manage the House Mail, Voicemail and E-Mail
When delegated responsibility for the cell phone, voice mail and/or email by the RS, be responsible for the house on-call number in which you carry a cell phone to ensure that you or another person you designate provides coverage twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Collect and respond to house and office mail in a timely fashion. Respond to calls and text messages in an appropriate timeframe according to the nature of the message, or by the end of the business day for voice mail messages. Manage the house voice mail and email accounts, oversee the timely retrieval and response throughout each business day. Be on-call at least one weekend a month, and when on-call adhere to requirements regarding staying within sixty minutes of the home, and having alternate care available for children and/or pets as needed, should an emergency arise.
13. Adhere to Company Policies
Adhere to all company policies and procedures as stated in the current ACR Employee Handbook, the Policy Book and other documentation/books located in each house, such as the supervisory manual, if directed to do so by a superior.
14. Accept Other Duties as Assigned by a Superior.
15. Report Illegal Activity
Report any illegal activity that you observe or are somehow otherwise aware of to a superior.
FOR AWAKE NIGHT SHIFTS ONLY:
Follow the DCP Job Description directives specific to Awake Night shifts.
FOR ASLEEP-NIGHT SHIFTS ONLY:
Follow the DCP Job Description directives specific to Asleep Night shifts.
Follow the DCP Job Description directives specific to non-essential functions.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
You must possess all of the requirements and qualifications listed under this same section of the DCP Job Description.
PLACES WHERE WORK IS PERFORMED: In all places listed in the DCP job description and the ACR Main Office.
PREPARATION OF JOB DESCRIPTION: This job description was prepared from observing the work in process and from information provided by ACR RSs, PDs and DCPs. It was prepared by Kristin Pitchford, ACR’s HR Director of Policy & Compliance, and is updated from time to time.