Set Your Resume Apart
ACR offers employees a flexible, individualized opportunity to complete an internship to align with their educational and career goals. Internships give your resume a boost and give another key talking point and experience for graduate school or medical school interviews. In addition, several ACR employees have been able to use their internships at ACR to obtain credit for internship experience at local colleges and universities while also getting paid to work!
The internship program structure allows students or grads to gain internship experience while also gaining patient care, meaningful job experience, and an individualized internship. In addition, ACR Homes interns meet with CEO & founder Jim Nelson multiple times throughout their internship period which is a unique learning opportunity that also results in a letter of recommendation for internship completion.
What You Need to Know
- All employees are eligible for internships
- Internships are 6 months long and can be started at any point during employment, once initial training is completed. We are able to work with students who need their internship to align with their school semester.
- Employees must maintain their designated direct care requirement throughout their internship
- Internships combine your direct care experience with a topic or special project chosen to relate to your field of study or interest
- Pre-PA interns get a shadowing opportunity as well as a paid mock interview through the PA Platform if successful completion of internship and still employed during PA school interview requests.
- Interns attend Internship Seminars with Jim Nelson, CEO of ACR, to receive a letter of recommendation from him!
Ready to Start Your Internship?
Pick a Topic/Major:
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Exercise Science/Kinesiology
- Social Work
- Public Health
- Family Social Science
- Healthcare Management
- Event Planning
- Human Resources
- Creative Arts
- And many more