Set Your Resume Apart
The ACR Homes Internship Program offers employees a flexible, individualized opportunity to complete an internship aligning with educational and career goals while making an impact in the lives of people with disabilities.
Internships at ACR give your resume a boost, help you stand out from the crowd, and provide another key talking point and experience for graduate school or medical school interviews.
Additionally, many ACR Homes employees have been able to use their internships to obtain credit for internship experience at local colleges and universities while also getting paid to work!
With 4 different tracks, the internship program structure allows high school or college students, high school or college graduates, and those taking a gap year to gain internship experience while also gaining purpose from proving patient care for adults with disabilities. In addition, ACR Homes interns meet with CEO & founder Jim Nelson multiple times throughout their internship period which is a unique learning opportunity that also results in a letter of recommendation for internship completion.
What You Need to Know
- All employees are eligible for internships
- Internships are 4, 6, or 12 months long depending on the track chosen and can be started at any point during employment, once initial training is completed. We are able to work with students who need their internship to align with their school semester.
- Employees must maintain their designated direct care requirement throughout their internship
- Internships combine your direct care experience with a topic or special project chosen to relate to your field of study or interest
- Pre-PA interns get a shadowing opportunity as well as a paid mock interview through the PA Platform if successful completion of internship and still employed during PA school interview requests.
- Interns attend Internship Seminars with Jim Nelson, CEO of ACR, to receive a letter of recommendation from him!
Common Internship Topics/Majors
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Exercise Science/Kinesiology
- Social Work
- Education & Special Education
- Public Health
- Family Social Science
- Healthcare Management
- Event Planning
- Human Resources
- Creative Arts
- And many more