Meet Shaina! Shaina is an adventurous and amazing resident here at ACR. Born and raised in Minnesota, a lover of oreos and a good cup of tea, and an avid NPR listener, Shaina used ASL finger spelling (and a little help from her ipad communication device!) to share some fun facts and favorite adventures she's had.
Top 10 fun facts about Shaina:
- Shaina wears 2 pairs of earrings each day. 1 pair her dad made from the chain of her bike after her bike accident, and the others are tanzanite studs which she gifted herself after successfully climbing Mt Kilamanjaro.
- Shaina played softball at Edina High School, and later at Principia College. The Principia softball team had folded, so Shaina joined the college baseball team for her senior year!
- Shaina has travelled to 3 continents
- Shaina has a very cool bike tattoo on her forearm with the date of her bike accident
- Shaina has been scuba diving in Hawaii with sharks- she learned to scuba dive in Mexico when she was in middle school
- Shaina did the 30 days of biking challenge every April, later riding her bike consecutively for 3 whole years!
- Shaina is a committed blood donor and her next blood donation will get her to her 2-gallon milestone
- Shaina has done the Polar Plunge for Special Olympics 3 times
- Shaina has completed the MS 150 and Almanzo Gravel race
- Shaina double majored in Sports Management and Spanish Language with a minor in business administration at a small private liberal arts college named Principia
When asked for some closing words of wisdom, Shaina gave her usual huge smile and quickly spelled out: “It ain’t that serious" as her words to live by. This is perfectly in line with the positive attitude Shaina has apparently had her whole life.